The ability to enable or disable disappearing messages depends on the specific application or platform you are using. Here are instructions for two popular messaging apps:
- Open the WhatsApp conversation you want to enable or disable disappearing messages for.
- Tap on the contact or group name at the top of the screen to open the settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “Disappearing Messages.”
- On the Disappearing Messages screen, you can choose “On” to enable disappearing messages or “Off” to disable them.
- If you enable disappearing messages, any new messages sent in that conversation will disappear after 7 days. Existing messages will not be affected.
- Tap “OK” to confirm your selection.