Whom is WhatsApp Business for?
WhatsApp Business App is purely meant for business owners. It provides a platform to easily interact with customers and deliver both high quality service & support. There are actually two versions of WhatsApp Business:
- WhatsApp Business App: For small, local businesses with one account user.
- WhatsApp Business API: For medium to large businesses with several account users.
Every small business can sign up without any costs by downloading the App from Apple Store or Google Play, but you have to inscribe a different phone numebr then the one you are using for your private account. This account can be managed solely by a single user.
Now the Business API account requires approval by WhatsApp partner and has some costs associated with using the features. This is an advanced account which includes scalable features suitable for global customer base. It can be managed by multiple individuals like managers, employees.
For most users WhatsApp Business App is going to be the best choice.
Explore what simple WhatsApp Business has to offer
WhatsApp Business has variety of tools which will help you run your business efficiently. These tools include:
- Business Profiles A standard feature will be Business Profle which will help your customers get additional information
- Statistics you can check how many messages have been successfuly sent, delivered and read
- Catalog which will allow you to showcase and share your products and services within your business account.
- Shortlink simplifies the connection with new customers. You can share an auto-generated short link with them.
- Messaging tools you can use WhatsApp messaging templates to build key conversations up front. This allows you to create automated messages to engage with your customers, for instance a greeting message.
- Labels will let you sort your conversations with customers into helpful categories e.g. “awaiting orders” or “loyal customers” or “reclamations”
How to get started?
2. Review the Terms of Service: Read the WhatsApp Business Terms of Service, then tap Agree and Continue to accept the terms.
3. Register: Select your country from the drop-down list to add your country code, then enter your phone number. You should receive your 6-digit registration code via SMS or phone call. To complete registration, enter your 6-digit code.
4. Allow access to contacts and photos: Contacts can be added to the WhatsApp Business app from your phone’s address book. You can also allow access to your phone’s photos, videos, and files.
5. Create an account: Fill out your business name, select a business category, and choose a profile picture.
6. Build your business profile: You can add important business information like your business address, description, hours, and more.
7. Start a chat. Your business profile is now set up and ready!