If you want to add WhatsApp to your Shopify online store, this is the best option.
Shopify has an online store for add-ons but most of them are premium plugins you need to buy.
We offer you one of the few free widgets for your Shopify website.
How to add WhatsApp Widget to Shopify
- First of all you need to create your account. It is free and you will be able to create your WhatsApp Plugin.
- Once you are in your control panel, configure your plugin and copy your Script.
- Now log into your Shopify admin and follow there Themes / Template Editor
- If you decided to add your chat button to a fixed position, copy the code you have generated and insert it to Layouts / Theme before closing
</body>tag. This will make the chat button appear on all pages of your website.
- Use ‘Live preview’ to check how your chat button looks and if everything is fine, save changes.
This is a sample script you can test in your website:
<script async data-id="12575" src="https://cdn.widgetwhats.com/script.min.js"></script>
Why you need to add WhatsApp to your Shopify Website?
Shopify is the most popular online store in the world. Is the “Mac” experience for online stores. Everything is there, working and there is no code to touch. The customisation maybe less customisable 🙂 but you will have an online store in no time and with no technical knowledge.
But you still need WhatsApp to communicate with your customers, specially younger ones. Young customers (30 or less) do not have emails or do not use it as a primary communication channel. Email maybe an option for business communications but for personal communication, specially for online shopping, WhatsApp is the channel to use.